Dearest Rafiki (Friend);
Carl and I are so excited for this new journey in ministry through GFM in which God has given us to lead and hope that you will join us! If we could do it on our own than we would not need God; it would not be His Ministry. But we do need God and He calls us to build a Team. We would love for you to be on that team!
November 18 – December 4 2009, I will be traveling on a short term Vision-Work Mission to Kenya. I will be laying groundwork, working with and learning from Nairobi’s Street Kids, listening to understand what God wants of this ministry to see more of His vision, investigating our first area in Kenya to focus works, building a local team, building partnerships, networking with churches and other orphan/street kid organizations, and pricing land as well as working at a youth conference. GFM has 2 Kenya Directors (Domnic & Millicent Owigo) already in place located in Migori, Kenya whom will lead up our first Kenya Team. Domnic is a Youth Pastor in his local church while his wife, Millie, supports his ministry, taking in orphans to their home to care for while raising funds to send them to school. They do all this on their own; no outside help. This November, I will spend 2+ weeks in Kenya with one week of this mission serving at an annual Youth Conference in Migori at Pastor Domnic’s church. I have been invited to come serve, speak, and teach 100-200 youth, and they have also set aside a few days for me to present our Grace Family Ministry, Inc. Mission Vision and Plans to the Board & Church Leaders to help them decide if or how they would like to partnership with our ministry. This is very exciting to have a church already planted wanting to share in our work and be the Kenyan side of this first coin. Only God could know what we need before we need it and place it just so.
This trip provides an opportunity to understand the vision and needs of our new ministry, as well as the working needs of Migori's Kenyan church serving youth and street children at their conference. More than anything, I would value your prayers for my team, this mission trip, and our new ministry whose lives will be touched by God through. I believe that God answers prayers, and I am asking you to pray for safety, good health, smooth travel, and financial support. Just knowing that you will be praying will give me peace as I go into an unfamiliar place with a new ministry to lead. Never in my life did I think God would use me in such a way nor that I was capable of being used in a ministry… but through us who are small, He has big plans!
Beyond your prayers, if you are led to join me by financially supporting this mission, I would be grateful. GFM and myself need to raise $5,000 to cover the total cost of the trip for the team. For my portion of the trip costs, I need to raise $2,500. We will have to be creative to raise the money, and I want to extend an invitation to you to participate. To make a donation, please send checks payable to "Grace Family Ministry" to P.O. Box 6655, Peoria, AZ 85385. This is a journey that God has called me to and I would greatly appreciate any level of support you are able to offer. GFM will send you a receipt for your donation amount for your financial and tax purposes. We will also send a follow-up letter with details of November's trip outcome and details as well as photos.
With Gratitude,
Bobbi Jo Miller
No comments:
Post a Comment